What was your high point from this past week? What was the hardest part of this past week?
Read Exodus 18
- How did this sermon/text deepen your faith? How did it challenge you? Explain.
- What resonated with you most from this sermon/text? Explain.
- Which day from the daily work resonated with you most? Which day challenged you most? Why?
- What do you notice in Exodus 18:17-19, 24 about Moses and Jethro’s relationship?
- Have you ever had someone approach you suggesting you should fix something? How did you feel? What was your response? Why did you respond that way?
- Similarly, has anyone ever challenged you toward increased holiness? How did you feel? What was your response?
- Like Moses, who is someone you would consider a Jethro in your life? Do you let them speak into your life? What does that look like? Has it changed your relationship with others?
- Is there someone in your life you feel God is calling you to speak into? What does that look like? How can the group keep you accountable to that?
- How does this passage, sermon, or daily work challenge you to live differently? How can your life group help equip you to do what God has called you to do?
At this time, the group may want to split into smaller, gendered groups.
- Who are you in God’s eyes? Who are you in the eyes of this group?
- What has your time in God’s word and prayer been like this week?
- What have you learned from Jesus this week?
- Have you consistently reflected the love of Christ to those in your life this week?
- Where have you wrestled with temptation this week?
- What strongholds have you wrestled with this week?
- Have you been 100% honest?
Spend time as a group in prayer for anything that many have surfaced from the discussion/accountability time that needs